“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
– Benjamin Franklin
Learning is fundamental to improving in almost anything you do. You have to keep learning and searching for answers to the unknown. You look for things that make your life better and try to eliminate the things that make it worse.
Pretty simple concept, right?
Well, that is the basic principle of biohacking. This ties in really nicely with competitive sports or anything that we do in life that requires high levels of performance. We should be looking for things that help us perform better and eliminate those that reduce our performance.
In order to achieve that optimized life, we have to continue to be learning. At the time of this article, I’m 43 years old. I’m still learning. Learning about life, health, happiness, finances and especially pool. As I learn and find ways to improve my life, I want to share those resources with you.
The resources on this page are stuff that I’ve found to be interesting and helpful in my life. You can use these resources to dig deeper into the topics that I talk about a lot. It is always good to expand your own library of resources.
*To be fully transparent, I do have some affiliations with companies like Amazon. Therefore, I may make a small amount of money if you choose to buy through the links on this page. That helps me to pay my expenses for this site. By all means, if you would rather bypass these links that is fine. The prices will be the same either way. The main thing for me is that you have access to these great resources. If you find a local source to buy or get it cheaper somewhere else, then I totally understand. If you do use the links on this page to buy, then I thank you for your support.
Books I’m Reading or Have Read
I have my library of books into a Listmania list on Amazon. If you haven’t shopped on Amazon, it is a great place to buy books. The reviews are really helpful and it is one of the most trusted online shopping sites. Many of these books have Kindle versions, too. I often buy Kindle versions, because they are usually cheaper and I’m too impatient to wait for a book delivery.
The Kindle books are digital versions of the book and can be downloaded and read within minutes or less. If you aren’t familiar with the Kindle book format, you don’t have to own a Kindle device to read Kindle books. You can read them from your computer, iPhone, iPod, iPad, smart phone, etc.
TIP: Hover your mouse over each book to seem my comments about each book. Click on the books to see if Amazon has a Kindle or used copy that is cheaper.
Podcasts That I Listen To
- Dave Asprey (The Bulletproof Executive): Off course, the first podcast I follow is the guy that introduced me to the concept of biohacking. Dave Asprey’s Podcast and his blog at TheBulletproofExec.com. Dave has spent over $250,000 on hacking his body and health with new procedures, testing, supplements, gadgets, foods, etc. He has been doing self-experimentation for years and reporting on his findings, good and bad. He is hard-core in his attempts to be more superhuman in his life. Really cutting-edge stuff from this guy.
- The Action Report Podcast: In The Action Report (TAR) podcast, Justin Collet and Mark Griffin share insights and commentary about the side of the pool world that the average player and public don’t get to see. From my experience, they are slow to update their website content. You’re better off checking out their YouTube channel to watch their video podcast and other great pool videos. They have world-class players sharing their insights, tips and philosophies about the mental side of pool and tips to improve your game. With interviews and “at-the-table” demonstrations, this podcast is good to watch to pick up good information to improve your game. Highly recommended.
- Underground Wellness Radio: Check out Sean Croxton’s frickin’-awesome podcast about all things health and wellness. He has a great show format, where he interviews a lot of interesting people and answers questions from live callers. Much of what I learned about hacking my own health was learned by listening to this podcast. The Underground Wellness Podcast introduced me to so many intriguing people and health practitioners like; Paul Chek, Art de Vany, Loren Cordain, Robb Wolf, Mark Sisson, Chris Masterjohn, Chris Kresser, Diane Sanfilippo and so many more. There is so much to learn in hacking your diet and fitness. This is a great place to get started. If you haven’t heard of any of those folks, prepare to have your mind blown!
- The School of Greatness Podcast: This is fast becoming one of my favorite podcasts. This is Lewis Howes’ podcast. Lewis Howes is an author, Lifestyle Entrepreneur, former pro athlete and world record holder in football. The goal of the School of Greatness is to share inspiring stories from the most brilliant business minds, world class athletes and influential celebrities on the planet; to help you find out what makes great people great. Check out his blog, too.
- Runout Radio: A great podcast from two billiard-industry veterans, Jerry Forsyth and Mike Howerton (AZBilliards Founder). These guys produce a great podcast for pool players and fans alike. Their podcast focuses a lot on the billiard industry and the politics of professional players. Neither of these topics are the focus of my site (hacking my own game), but they do have great pool players as guests. They often get into discussions and interviews that reveal things that can help you improve your game, your mindset and/or your attitude. Also, it is just a good source to help keep you motivated to strive for more success in your own game. This is the reason that I include them on this list of resources.
Keep checking back. I will continue to add more resources as I find them.